Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm finally done with my finals, so now I am free to worry about some more important issues. Next weekend, I will be attending a bachelorette party in which we are going to take a burlesque dance class. I look forward to this event very much, and I hope they have a pole, but that's neither here nor there. Here's my problem: the suggested attire is heals, fishnets, and hot pants. If you know me well this won't came as very much of a shock, but I don't own fishnets or hot pants, and worse, I don't even know where to buy them! Must I suffer the shame of wearing regular pants? I have a long drive ahead of me, so I have plenty of time to ponder my dilemma, and perhaps I'll even think up some establishments to peruse. I would try Walmart (gasp!), but from what I can tell of the clothes there, it's more trailer park prostitute than high class burlesque dancer. I suppose I could try the Fredrick's of Hollywood at my nearest Galleria, that's classy, right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Adriana Cabrera said...

Funny:
I was just going to say you should ask a woman called Tonda. She just recently offered to transform me into some kind of hot and shinny night club dancer. In fact this is what she said:
"You shall wear spaguetty straps and hot pants or I won't take you dancing anywhere!" I have very demanding friends for sure. The thing is, I would not let anyone try to change my appeareance for anything in the world. The only one that has that priviledge is my sister Patricia, but she's not around. Tonda, though, gives me that same sense of security Patricia gives me. It seems like she would make me do stuff I would never do on my own but I would end up liking at the end. So, get a hold of Tonda, New Girl. She'll make you pretty.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I'd hazard a guess that the classyness of a given burlesque outfit is found in the way that you carry yourself, not in the quality/expensiveness of the outfit... but perhaps I'm just having trouble imagining a classy burlesque outfit altogether.

If Doug lets you down, you should probably check the dollar store for stockings, Goodwill for the heels, and the Wal-mart children's department for something that would pass as hotpants.

And you should definitely post pictures.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must agree with the wise Julie, photos should be posted. But only nice ones, we dont want to see ones of you with head injuries after an upside-down pole slide goes terribly wrong...
Remember the golden rule of pole dancing:
"talc your hands, the pole can be a slippery mistress!"

For clothes, I recommend cheap Christina Ag knockoffs. Classy Bird!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home