Sunday, March 04, 2007

My new haircut (is coming soon)

I have been getting many comments about the lack of recent posts. As I think I've stated before, I don't like posting when I don't have something funny to say. I laugh plenty, but mostly at other people, and recounting their embarrassing moments and anecdotes doesn't strike me as appropriate, or all that funny.

The other day, just after such a conversation about the lack of fodder for my blog, I got gum stuck in my hair. How does a grown woman spit gum out into her hand, but miss the hand and hit her hair instead? It was quite stressful as I was just about on my way out the door. I couldn't go out like that, it would only make it worse, not to mention look ridiculous. Do I go get the peanut butter? For those of you not in the know, peanut butter breaks up the sticky property in gum, making it easy (well, easier) to extract from hair. The problem with that idea was, I can't go out with peanut butter in my hair either. Even if I had wiped most of it out, I'd still smell like a 4th grader's lunchbox. Instead, I did my best to work through the gum knot, pulling away strands of hair one and two at a time, but quite frankly, there was also plenty of hair breaking going on. If my hair dresser were dead, he'd role over in his grave. Luckily he's alive, but that's neither here nor there. All through this process, I was thinking, "I can't believe this happened to me, this is something Tonda would do." Luckily she agreed when I told her.

So, all that is to say that I have resolved to cut my hair as soon as possible to a length in which I would have to be doing some pretty crazy flailing and head shaking in order for gum to have a trajectory from my mouth to my hair. Also, I'm just tired of my hair being so long. The boyfriend isn't thrilled with the idea of me cutting my hair, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he'd rather that than think about gum in my hair, due to his revulsion of gum in general. Thus, should he complain about my haircut, I will silence him with memories of what I will hereafter call, "The Gum Affair."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home